Thursday 15 December 2011

A Cute Couple Card by Ruth

I had been asked to make a first christmas card for a young couple, so some cute stamps were definately in order. The Websters Pages 6x6 die cut paper inspired the design and I simply folded some card stock to fit the inside with enough left for a message flap.


Tip: If your card slides open when standing upright, then glue a small button onto the flap to keep it in place. 



I stamped the tree directly onto the die cut with Distress Ink and stickled it, hand painted the stamped bears using distress ink and a water colour brush. It's a brush that holds water in the handle and slowly releases it, enabling me to have streak free (sometimes) images. Simply pick up a touch of colour from a distress ink pad or re-inker and apply using a slight squeeze to get the water flowing.


"Love is the real thing the rest is just tinsel"
was a quote I found on the net and printed off, and the round Happy Holidays stamp is made by Catslife Press found in the Happy Daze shop Here



Products to use:
My Minds Eye have a similar tree stamp here
Artistic Outpost have some gorgeous christmas stamps here
Distress Ink Pads are here
Candy Cane Stickles is here
Websters Pages Waiting for Santa 12x12 pad is here
I used Puff Paint on the hats but you could use perfect pearls here

I hope the happy couple they like their keepsake!

Have a fabulous Christmas and I will see you soon
Ruth xxx


2 comments:

  1. I wish I could see it better, will have to pop over to your blog Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo, now I can see it. Its a beautiful card, x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.