Thursday 1 March 2012

March Challenge - March To Your Own Tune


This month give your items a musical theme, use anything musical on your piece for this challenge. Just remember that at least one item you use must be available from the shop.
This Month Julie has given us inspiration with her fantasitc Altered Shoes.
Julie used the Artistic Outpost set of stamps Songbirds and has this to say about her project.
I decided to treat my old scuffed dancing shoes to a vintage makeover instead of sending them to the bin.
This is how they started out - Poor things.
I started by randomly covering sections with  musical TH Tissue Tape. I trimmed away any excess and tucked some pieces over the edge.

Once I was happy with how it looked I gave them a few coats of Claudine's Multi Matte Medium making sure that all the edges were sealed and smoothed down.
The really fab thing is once it's dry the tape is now waterproof.
I glued on lace trim and then smeared on distress stickles in faded denim - I love doing this as any unwated gluey bits are hidden as well as adding a pretty shimmer and a touch of colour.
Next I made my little frames from Pardo clay using my own mould. Once baked it was a little darker that I wanted so I coloured them with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls.
I stamped my images onto white tissue paper that I had coloured with watered down distress ink and glued it onto Claudines Canvas. I did the same thing again with the same image bit this time glueing it down upside down so I had a matching pair.  I used the multi medium to glue them onto the canvas, burnishing it down really well so the canvas texture showed. I then stuck these onto grungepaper, cut them out and glued them into my frames. I attached these to my shoes with jump rings. ( I made holes in my shoes with a cropadile)
I added gems and ribbon to finish them off.
I love these, they really suit my vintage style and if I scuff them I can just add more tissue tape.

Share your musical make with us here on the blog this month. As usual there is a £15.00 gift voucher pluss free P & P to spend in the Happy Daze shop which will be awarded by a random number generator to one lucky entrant and the winner will be anounced on the 2nd of April.

You can enter up to three projects for the challenge and each item must contain at least one item that is available from the shop.
You can enter either via the linky widget below, by uploading your project to the facebook page or by emailing it directly to me a waynemonster@gmail.com



10 comments:

  1. Loving your new dancing shoes, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Julie these are amazing! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another OMG These are wonderful Julie such a brilliant idea and so beautifully detailed. XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Move over Irregular Choice! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant - what fabulous choice and truly amazing shoes - who needs those red ones huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shoes Julie amazing roject thanks for the inspiration!

    Maggie H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooops sorry.....I mean amazing "project" !!! rofl.

    Maggie H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these Julie!!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooow, love the music shoes, they look amazing! Thank you for this lovely challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.